I love creating crafts for kids! It is so fun to see them create and have pride in their work. Lots of children enjoy crafts, maybe your child is not one of them so you are thinking you can push this post aside because it just won’t fly in your house- well think again. What is better than a craft- a craft that involves food, and even better than that, a craft that includes candy?! Here is a wonderful (and yummy) Thanksgiving snack for kids.
So today I have a craft this is just that- and I would venture to say that even the least crafty child will be willing to give this one a whirl. What I love about this craft is that it can just be a fun and easy activity or it can be functional and you and your children can create one of these little turkeys for each person who will be coming to your Thanksgiving Dinner this year. So go ahead, get started.
Thanksgiving Peeps for Kids
Options For Use:
- A simple fun and sweet craft
- A cute place setting treat
- A cute little take home treat for thanksgiving guests.
- A topper for cupcakes or a cake
- An appetizers prior to thanksgiving dinner
- Much More!
- Peeps- Maple and Brown Sugar Turkeys
- Candy Corn (Any brand)
- Paper Plate (or other creating surface)
- Optional: Brown Frosting
1. Place a peep turkey on a paper plate.
2. Stick 4-6 candy corns, point down, into the back of the turkey (behind the head).
3. Optional: If you are going to be using these as place settings and are creating them ahead of time I would use frosting to secure the candy corn pieces. In this case I would put a small (1/2-1 teaspoon) amount of frosting behind the head of the turkey and then place the candy corn piece, point down, into the frosting and then into the marshmallow of the turkey. This will make them more secure and less likely to fall over.
4. Display in some adorable way or at each place setting, or just eat them all up!!
Note: If you won’t be eating these right away I would suggest putting them in an airtight container so the peeps don’t get hard and crunchy!
There it is! 2-3 materials, and less than 30 seconds of prep and you have an adorable decoration or just plain wonderful treat to enjoy. So go get your little turkeys to create their own little turkeys in light of this wonderful Thanksgiving Season.
Thank you for reading our Thanksgiving Snack for Kids post!
You might also like: