Peppermint oil is derived from the peppermint plant which can be found in North America. It has a vast range of benefits and I love that all of the oils of a variety of uses so that if you don’t have one, you can always try another.
If you have this oil see the 25 Ways to use peppermint essential oil in your home right now.
Recommended Essential Oils Tools
Don’t waste time mixing oils as you need them while making a mess. Keep your favorite blends and mix convenient spray bottles so that your oils are ready to go whenever you need them.
Not sure what to use for blends? Get the Modern Essentials Handbook for everything you need to know to get started with essential oils.
Vivaplex, 6, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Roller Balls – .5 ml Dropper IncludedSet of 12, 2oz Amber Glass Spray Bottles for Essential Oils – with Fine Mist Sprayers – Made in the USAModern Essentials Handbook: The Premier Introductory Guide to Essential Oils, 11th Edition, 2019
Best Ways to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint play dough
- Peppermint sensory bin or bottle
- Elevate concentration
- Boost your mood – increase alertness in your homeschool or home or if you need to work late which I often do
- Ease digestion issues by applying topically to your stomach
- Freshen your breath with a peppermint mouth rinse
- Keeps spiders away – diffuse it in a room and keep them at bay
- Get rid of other creepy crawlies – spray places to keep them free of beetles, ants, aphids and cockroaches
- Promotes respiratory health and clear breathing
- Alleviates occasion stomach upsets
- Feel full faster if you inhale during a meal
- Ease your respiratory track by combining with lemon and fractionated coconut oil on the throat
- Kill ticks with a peppermint soaked cotton ball
- Add to your shampoo to help remove dandruff
- Help relieve the pain you experience from headaches by messaging into temples or neck
- Clear up that brain fog if you are feeling lethargic
- Add to lotion for a cool calming effect
- Inhale by rubbing on wrists when you are feeling ill from nausea
- I love diffusing peppermint and wild orange during our homeschool to keep students alert and happy
- Great deodorizer for those stinky garbage cans, add a cotton ball soaked in peppermint to leave it smelling minty
- May help you get some rest if you are having a hard time falling asleep
- Soothe those aching muscles after a workout
- Help relieve the pain from sunburns with it’s cooling properties
- Make your own vapor rub with peppermint, eucalyptus and coconut oil
- Alleviate itchiness from skin irritations like rashes