It’s easy to forget that pork chops are a healthy, delicious, and lean meat option.
Pork is an excellent source of protein with less fat than other meats like beef or chicken.
I love these Keto Bone-In Pork Chops because they’re so flavorful, thanks to the rich pan sauce made from bacon drippings, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, thyme leaves, and crushed red pepper flakes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. shallot minced
Four bone-in pork chops, approximately 1/2″ thick
1 t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
¾ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
¼ c. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
Optional Garnish: 2 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot softens and develops a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the chops to the hot skillet and brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork chops from skillet to a platter and set aside. Add chicken stock and gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, add the butter to the skillet and whisk to combine with the pan sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley if using. Pair with your choice of sides and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 1.42g
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe and found it easy to make. If so, please give it a try and let me know how your family enjoys the dish!
What is your favorite keto-friendly dinner?
Do you have any tips for making these pork chops even better?
Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!