What are the best ways to use lemon essential oil? It is definitely one of my favorites, our family is a huge fan of the citrus oils because we love their fresh smell.
Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the lemon rind or peel and has a ton of helpful benefits not to mention it is also one of the cheaper oils to purchases as well which is a bonus. I use it daily to clean with as an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down my counter tops, table, and appliances.
Recommended Essential Oil Supplies
Need a convenient way to store your favorite essential oils blends? Try one of these roller bottles or sprays so you can have them ready to go.
Vivaplex, 6, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Roller Balls – .5 ml Dropper IncludedSet of 12, 2oz Amber Glass Spray Bottles for Essential Oils – with Fine Mist Sprayers – Made in the USAModern Essentials Handbook: The Premier Introductory Guide to Essential Oils, 11th Edition, 2019
Best way to use lemon essential oil
- Remove hard water stains in your bathroom
- Clean your silver – add a drop of oil to a cloth and use it to clean your silverware or jewelry
- All purpose cleaner – add a few drops to a glass spray bottle of water and vinegar
- De-greaser – also makes a great de-greaser to clean the stove
- Get unstuck – lemon is great for sticky situations like gum in your hair or clean up glue or sticker gunk
- Wood polisher – add a few drops of lemon to olive oil to make your own furniture polish
- Stainless steel appliance – get your appliances looking shiny
- Eliminate odors – naturally deodorizes bad odors
- Ease colds and coughs when used with a humidifier
- Hair highlights – add lemon oil to your hair and sit in the sun and you have a natural hair highlighter
- Heighten your mood – when you’re feeling down
- Calluses – when your feet are too rough, add some lemon to soothe those calluses
- Skin exfoliation – add several drops of lemon to oatmeal and water for your own facial scrub
- Sore throat – dilute with coconut oil and apply to throat
- Floor cleaner – I love that lemon smell without the harsh chemicals in other cleaners
- Feel energized – diffuse as an afternoon pick me up instead of caffeine
- Oily hair – add a few drops to your shampoo to help with oily hair
- Immune support – helps lymph node drainage to
- Freshen your laundry – add a drop to your dryer sheet to have a fresh smelling load of laundry
- Disinfectant – a natural disinfectant is a great countertop cleaner or for washrooms
- Air freshener – diffuse to freshen the air in your home
- Prolong fresh fruit – add your clean fruit to a bowl of water with a drop of lemon
- Nail fungus – add to your nails to get rid of that unsightly infection
- Reduce spots on your dishes – add a drop to your dishwasher detergent to eliminate spots on your dishware
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Do not use essential oils in your eyes, nose or ears. Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.