Take a look at this fantastic snowman ornament craft! Isn’t it beautiful?! It brings a natural and rustic look to your home décor that makes the holiday season warm and cozy. In this post, we show you what you need and how to make this fun birchwood snowman ornament craft. Your kids will have a blast making it and then decorating the Christmas tree with it!
Birchwood Snowman Ornament Craft Supplies
- Ribbon or pipe cleaner for hanging
- Birchwood Chips (found a most craft stores, sold by the bag)
- Craft felt in orange, red, black, and tan
- Pair of googly eyes
- Hot glue, glue gun
1. Choose three birchwood chips to craft the body of your snowman. Line them up and add hot glue between each piece. Press together and hold until secure to create the body.
2. While the glue dries, you can cut out your felt shapes to create the details on your snowman. Cut out an orange triangle for the carrot nose, a few black circles for buttons, a red strip for the scarf, and a small black hat. We also made small stick like hands using the tan felt.
3. Once the glue holding the birchwood chips together is dry you can glue your googly eyes in place at the top of the clothespin.
4. Add a dab of glue to your felt details and glue them in place. You can glue them as shown or create a look of your choosing.
5. Add some glue to your ribbon or pipe cleaner and press to the back of the snowman’s body. Once this piece is dry, your birchwood snowman ornament can be hung!
Thank you for visiting our Birchwood Snowman Ornament Craft post!
Get Weekly Updates
Taming the chaos of motherhood -
Subscribe and get a daily schedule printable