Over the holidays, I tried my hand at making truffles. They seemed to be very popular, and I wanted to know what the buzz was about. I started out with some of the easier recipes, and they were super yummy.
I wanted to come up with my own recipe. I decided on Butter Pecan with Maple White Chocolate Coating. They came out DELICIOUS!! They were buttery, nutty, sweet and moist – everything I look for in a truffle, with the taste of Butter Pecan Ice cream.
You have to try this butter pecan truffles recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup butter pecan cake mix (just the powder)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a block)
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- Pecans (optional)
1. Using a mixer, blend the cake mix, powdered sugar, and cream cheese until a dough forms. At first, it will look crumbly, but after a while of mixing, it will turn into a dough.
2. Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour.
3. Remove dough from fridge and roll into small bite size balls.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. If it is too thick, you can add oil or shortening a little at a time until you get the consistency you would like.
5. Add maple extract to the melted chocolate and stir until completely combined.
6. Using a fork (or dipping tool), dip each dough ball into the chocolate mixture so that it coats the entire thing. Then place on a tray or cookie sheet covered in wax paper. If you so choose, add a pecan to the top of the chocolate for decoration.
7. After all the balls have been dipped, place them back in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
Now all that is left is to eat and enjoy these little bite size treats!!
Get Weekly Updates
Taming the chaos of motherhood -
Subscribe and get a daily schedule printable