No products in the cart.
These Red, White and Blue Rice Krispies Treats are perfect for summer fun. With the Fourth of July coming up in just a few months, the dessert planning needs to begin!
Here’s the deal. During the summer months, we crave desserts and snacks that we can hold and eat on the go. And while we might not always be on the go, it’s good to know that we HAVE to be, we can take our food with us and get out the door.
These are why I love these Rice Krispies treats. Not only are they super simple to make, but they’re easy to take as well. The kids love being able to grab their desserts and run around while eating them. And I love not having to clean up after a huge mess!
And as most of you also know, I like to celebrate the seasons and holidays as well. If these don’t scream patriotic, I don’t know what does! These are perfect for a gettogether or just a simple and easy way to have a festive treat for the family.
>> See more Rice Krispies Treats
Red White and Blue Rice Krispies Treats
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s made using premade Rice Krispie treats. Seriously, it doesn’t get any better than that. You don’t even have to melt or mix in the marshmallows at all!
Who has the time to really stop and make them from scratch? But if you do – I’m jealous! You can easily make them from scratch as well so do whatever works best for you.
All you need are the simple ingredients below to get started! In a short amount of time, you’ll be done and ready to make more!
While you don’t have to melt the marshmallows, you don’t have to melt the chocolate disks so that you can dip the Rice Krispies and get them covered. (Don’t worry, it’s not hard to do at all!)
The biggest thing that you need to remember is that you don’t want to melt the chocolate wafers too much and burn them. If you burn any of it, you’re going to have to toss it out and start all over.
Once you have the white chocolate melted and covered the treat, now comes time for the decorating fun!
This part of the recipe is always a fun time to let the little ones in the house help. The melted chocolate has cooled enough so it’s not hot and who doesn’t like to use the red and blue colors to make a “mess”?
Remember, there aren’t any rules or patterns to follow on these patriotic desserts, so let them go wild and have fun!
Fun Ideas for Decorating Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats
We have so many fun memories for decorating these treats! All you need are a few ideas and the kids can easily go wild. I just make certain that they understand that they’re not going to make a huge mess…and the easiest way to stop that from happening is to lay down a piece of parchment paper for them to decorate on.
They can dip the rice krispies into whatever color of melted chocolate that they’d like and really make it their own. While this simple decorating recipe is fun, it’s not the only way to make it happen.
If the kids are helping just make certain that they’re careful so that they don’t get burnt. The melted chocolate is hot to the touch and will be quick to burn little hands! Just be there with them to help out as needed.
Recommended Rice Krispie Supplies
Grab your box of Rice Krispies to make your own treats or if you’re short on time, buy the premade Rice Krispies treats instead. You’re going to love how fast and easy you can make this simple treat.
The hardest part is being patient until it’s time to eat them!
You can easily make these ahead of time as well which is a great way to meal prep and catch up on some time. I don’t recommend more than a day or two in advance and be certain to store them in a container with a lid. You want them to stay as fresh as possible for everyone to enjoy.
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Breakfast Cereal, Original, Fat-Free, Family Size, 24 oz BoxKellogg’s Rice Krispies New 60ct Treats BarsArtlicious – Natural Wooden Food Grade Popsicle Craft Sticks (1000 Sticks)Wilton Red Candy Melts, 12-Ounce (Pack of 2)Wilton Candy Melts, 12 oz.Wilton 1911-4320 Candy Melts, 12-Ounce, Royal Blue
Once they get done swirling on the blue, it’s time to do the exact same thing with the red!
After that, they’re done and ready to eat! How cool is that, right?! It just takes a few minutes of time for them to harden up a bit and get ready to eat. The more chocolate that you add on, the longer it’s going to take to harden. But all that chocolate is a welcomed addition!
See how they turn out? Super simple and so much fun to make! This is one dessert that literally everyone in the house can help with! Eating them off a stick is so much fun and is the perfect summertime dessert!
Just make certain that you let the melted chocolate cool down enough so that no one gets burnt in the process.
Once they are cooled and decorated, they are ready to enjoy! You can have them out on a plate during your 4th of July celebration so that everyone can grab one as they’re walking by. You might want to make up a batch to “test” out before the big day as well which the kids will be super happy to help out with that!
This simple dessert is a fast and easy way to make a festive and fun treat!
- (2) 8-count packages of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats
- 10 oz package of Wilton Royal Blue Candy Melts
- 10 oz package of Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 10 oz package of Wilton Red Candy Melts
- 16 popsicle OR lollipop sticks
- 2 small sandwich bags
- Kitchen scissors
- Find a large baking sheet and line it fully with parchment paper.
- Open up all the Rice Krispies and take them out of their package. Once they are removed, take the popsicle sticks and insert them into the bottom.
- Once done, lay the treats flat on the baking sheet and stick in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes is up, take and pour the white melts into a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds at a time. Every 30 seconds you need to stir.
- Once the white melts are melted completely, remove your treats from the fridge and start dipping them one by one into the melted white melts. Only dip them down about 3/4 of the way.
- Once they've been dipped, place them on the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Do all.
- Wait a few moments to allow the white chocolate to set up properly on the treats.
- Once the white chocolate melts have set, take and scoop 1/2 cup of the red and bright blue candy melts and place them into separate sandwich bags.
- Microwave each for 30 seconds and gently squeeze the chocolate to help it melt. Repeat microwaving (if needed) until melted.
- Take your scissors and cut a small corner of each sandwich bag and gently squeeze the melted chocolate out onto the Rice Krispie treats in a fun pattern.
- Repeat for all until done.