Do you or your child have anxiety or frequent stress? I know that being a mom alone can cause stress and children can suffer stress or anxiety from things such as homework or going to the doctor. This is just to name a few. These are common and 100% natural!
There are many ways that we can help ourselves and help our kids reduce stress, control anxiety in the moment and come back to calm. One of these ways is with aromatherapy stress balls. Aromatherapy can help trigger calmness in our brains, especially when using calming essential oils.
Stress balls can help keep our hands busy in a productive way that can bring a frantic mind back to center and help with overall stress and anxiety. These Aromatherapy Stress Balls are not only helpful but incredibly easy to make and super cute as well. These are a must for any family but especially ones where anxiety and stress are prevalent.
Aromatherapy Stress Balls Supplies
1. Place the opening of your balloon around the bottom of a funnel.
2. Add about 3 drops of lavender essential oil to 1/4 cup cornstarch in a larger bowl and mix together with your fingers.
3. Scoop the 1/4 cup of cornstarch into the funnel and use a lollipop stick to keep pressing the cornstarch into the balloon.
4. Add a few tablespoons of water down your funnel and carefully squeeze the balloon to mix the cornstarch and water.
5. Keep adding cornstarch and water in smaller amounts, until your balloon is the size of a lemon.
6. Carefully remove your balloon and tie off the top.
This mixture is fun to play within the balloon as it goes from a solid to liquid form and back.
*not for small children, always supervise while using.
Benefits Of Aromatherapy Stress Balls
- If a child is accustomed to rocking, spinning or using repetitive words or phrases, stress balls can help prevent this.
- Squeezing a stress ball is an excellent way to strengthen fine motor skills for occupational therapy or for young children.
- Stress balls can help control fidgeting and in turn help control concentration.
- Help with nervousness, stress or anxiety.
- The essential oils used in the stress balls can help with many things. Depending on which essential oil you choose these can help with sleeping, anxiety, increase happiness, etc.
- They are FUN and EASY to make.
More essential oils ideas
Get Weekly Updates
Taming the chaos of motherhood -
Subscribe and get a daily schedule printable