Need a new twist to those good old chocolate chip cookies? Why not try adding some banana? We love adding fruit to our baked goods, they always add a ton of moisture.
I’m not going to pretend that this makes them a teeny bit healthier but in my mind, that’s what I say to myself when I grab seconds or thirds.
Chocolate chip cookies are a huge family favorite dessert and they’re so easy to make. They pair perfectly with a glass of milk. However, sometimes you want to kick it up a notch and experiment a little with your favorite recipes.
Why not try this?
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
Store in an airtight container. Sweets in our house never last too long so make sure you have room
More Cookie Recipes
Get Weekly Updates
Taming the chaos of motherhood -
Subscribe and get a daily schedule printable