Need a new twist to those good old chocolate chip cookies? Why not try adding some banana? We love adding fruit to our baked goods, they always add a ton of moisture.
I’m not going to pretend that this makes them a teeny bit healthier but in my mind, that’s what I say to myself when I grab seconds or thirds.
Chocolate chip cookies are a huge family favorite dessert and they’re so easy to make. They pair perfectly with a glass of milk. However, sometimes you want to kick it up a notch and experiment a little with your favorite recipes.
Why not try this?
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
Store in an airtight container. Sweets in our house never last too long so make sure you have room