My kids are like me, they have a huge sugar tooth and sometimes mommy needs to embrace that to make everyone happy. Who doesn’t love cookies? This pink sugar cookies recipe is easy but satisfies those sugar cravings. This cookie recipe is one of my favorite go-to treats!
We try to keep major sweets out of the house but for special occasions, we’ll go all out with our sugary treats. It makes for lots of fun with my normally crazy kids but they love it. And I love that we’re able to make these memories together baking and cooking them up. Even though it’s not a norm, it’s still fun to do together and enjoy.
I can only handle so much so it’s not an everyday occasion. If you’re looking for a special treat or for an afternoon pick me up, get out your baking supplies and whip up some cookies. Your kids will thank you.
Pink Sugar Cookies Recipe
When you roll your cookies in pink sugar crystals, you get these gorgeous cookies that are party ready. Who wouldn’t want to eat these amazing sugar cookies? The Hershey’s chocolate adds a different touch and everyone looks forward to getting to the center.
And there is no denying that these cookies are gorgeous! Almost too cute to eat…almost.
Since the pink is the highlight of looking at this cookie these would be really cute for a birthday part, a baby shower, or even just a bright and cheery holiday treat. (and you can easily change up the color of these cookies by changing up the glitter as well!)
Hershey’s Kisses – Milk Chocolate: 330 PiecesWilton Pink Sparkling Sugar, 5.25 oz.CK Products 4 Ounce Sugar Crystals Bottle, PinkTROLIR Luncheon Napkins, Pink with Gold Dots, 3-ply, Pack of 50 Decorative Paper Napkins 6.5×6.5 inch, Stamped with Sparkly Gold Foil Dots, Ideal for Wedding, Party, Birthday, Dinner, Lunch, Cocktail
The hardest part is waiting for them to cool so we can eat them. These cookies would make a wonderful treat for any birthday party as well.
How do you know when cookies are done baking in the oven?
The main way to tell is to test them. To do this, you need to take a toothpick and insert it into the middle of one of the cookies. If that toothpick comes out clean, the cookies are done and ready to be pulled from the oven. If the toothpick comes out with dough on it still, they’re going to need a few more minutes of cooking in the oven.
How do you store these cookies once baked?
It’s important to store cookies in an airtight container once they’re baked so that they stay as fresh as possible for as long as possible. You’re going to find out that if you leave these cookies out very long, they’re going to get hard and stale quickly.
And if you think that there is a doubt that you’ll be able to eat them all within a couple of days of baking them, then you can store them for later to keep them fresh. Just put them in a freezer-safe container until you’re ready to eat and enjoy.
Fun Ways To Share These Cookies
Everyone loves getting freshly baked cookies…everyone. So if you have a family member or friend that you just need to brighten their day, bake up a batch of these cookies and leave them for them to enjoy. They’ll be so grateful and it’s such a fun way to spread kindness and cheer.
I love sharing doable and easy recipes that will be easy to make with your kids like this yummy Edible Cookies and Cream Dough so make sure to check this one too.
See what other sweet treats we’ve created.
More cookie recipes
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter (2 sticks) - Softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- Hot pink sugar crystals
- 24 Hershey’s hugs candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix on medium speed until well combined. Add the vanilla and mix to blend.
- On low speed, add 1/4 of the flour mixture and mix until well blended. Continue to add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until all is mixed into the cookie batter.
- Pour hot pink sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Roll dough into one inch balls. Dip dough balls into pink sugar and cover each cookie completely. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. While still warm, press a Hershey’s hug into the middle of each cookie.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to completely cool.