Who doesn’t love cookies and cream? And who doesn’t love delicious cookie dough as well?
Well, now you can have the best of both worlds with Edible Cookies and Cream Dough! This amazing dessert is made from real cookies and edible dough that you’ll love. It’s perfect for any occasion!
Continue reading to learn more about this amazing recipe that you can try today! There’s a reason that my kids are constantly asking me to make this recipe – and you’re about to find out why!
Speaking of crazy good recipes, make sure to check out my Red Peppermint Oreo Truffle Recipe as well. It’s another great way to combine cookies with another dessert and treat!
Edible Cookies and Cream Dough
I remember growing up that I was always told that you can’t eat cookie dough raw – and I wanted to so bad! So, this is where this inspired me to figure out a way to make it happen.
Thankfully, this recipe works and it was a hit right out of the gate! The kids loved it. I loved it. And we knew that we’d created a hit!
Now when I tell them that we can eat cookie dough, they know that this recipe is going to be a hit! It’s the best – and I just love the flavor and the taste. I’ve always been a huge fan of Oreos so this is always on my mind! I literally can’t get enough of this easy cookie dough recipe!
What is the difference between Edible Cookie Dough and Regular Cookie Dough?
Edible cookie dough is a simple, easy-to-make treat that is safe to eat raw. Unlike regular cookie dough, edible cookie dough does not contain raw eggs, so there is no risk of salmonella poisoning. (thank goodness!)
You DO have to heat the flour though and follow the steps as they’re written below. It’s important that you don’t overlook this!
In addition, edible cookie dough usually contains less sugar and fat than its baked counterpart. As a result, it is often considered a healthier option for those who crave something sweet.
Whether you enjoy it straight from the spoon or use it as a dip for fruit or pretzels, edible cookie dough is a delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Recommended Dessert Recipe Books
Do you want more dessert ideas? Grab these recipe books and start making your tasty desserts.
The best part about having recipe books on hand is that you can use them for inspiration and ideas! Even if you’re not a person who follows recipes – don’t stress! You can easily read the recipes, look at the pictures, and maybe find something new and delicious that you want to try.
Dessert Boards: 50 Beautifully Sweet Platters and Boards for Family, Friends, Holidays, and Any OccasionLe Cordon Bleu Pastry School: 101 Step-by-Step RecipesTasty Dessert: All the Sweet You Can Eat (An Official Tasty Cookbook)Dessert Person: Recipes and Guidance for Baking with Confidence: A Baking BookHow to Cook That: Crazy Sweet Creations (Chocolate Baking, Pie Baking, Confectionary Desserts, and More)FitWaffle’s Baking It Easy: All My Best 3-Ingredient Recipes and Most-Loved Sweets and Desserts
Recommended Baking Tools
Do you like baking for the family? If your answer is yes, then you’ll totally love these baking tools! I love having good baking tools on hand when we decide to cook in the kitchen!
Get the Silicone Baking Mat that turns the ordinary baking sheet into a reusable non-stick and easy-to-clean baking surface. Grab the Personalized Silicone Spatula, too, for personal use or as a gift for your closest baking buddy.
All you need to make this simple Oreo treat is the ingredients listed below. (Just be prepared – I always have to buy more Oreos because the kids are eating them as we’re making this recipe!)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Butter, softened
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Milk, or more as needed
- Vanilla Extract
- OREOs, chopped
You’re going to love the ease of this recipe. It’s simple to make and simple to do and really simple to love!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Spread the all-purpose flour on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
3. Allow heat-treated flour to cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well-combined.
6. Whisk together the flour and salt and then add to the batter and beat until completely incorporated and no dry streaks remain.
7. Crumble the OREO cookies into the dough and beat to distribute evenly.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes approximately 12 servings.
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk, or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4-5 OREOs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread the all-purpose flour on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Allow heat-treated flour to cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Whisk together the flour and salt and then add to the batter and beat until completely incorporated and no dry streaks remain.
- Crumble the OREO cookies into the dough and beat to distribute evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes approximately 12 servings.
If you’re craving a delicious dessert but you don’t have enough time to bake, this recipe is for you.
Just prepare it, put it in the fridge and you can eat it right away the next day. That easy.
Let your oven have a break and make this cookies and cream recipe today. I promise you that you’re not going to be disappointed!
More Cookie Recipes
Once you get your taste of cookies, your brain is going to want to make more! The best part is that you can easily whip up even more cookie recipes so that you can satisfy any type of cravings that you have.
Here are just a few other cookie recipes that I know you’re going to love! The best part about making cookies is that they’re all unique and yummy in their own way.