No products in the cart.
Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Looking for a delicious cookie recipe? These cookies have the best lemon flavor – and are easy to make. What more could you want in a cookie recipe?
Lemon thumbprint cookies are the perfect sweet treat. They’re easy to make and taste amazing! These cookies are sure to be a hit with your friends and family. They’re the perfect dessert for any occasion!
Follow our recipe below to make these delicious cookies yourself! I promise – you’re going to love them so much, you’ll be making them again very soon.
Be sure to check out my Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies as well for another fun flavor idea.
What are Lemon Thumbprint Cookies?
What could be more irresistible than a yummy cookie with a tart lemon filling? Lemon thumbprint cookies are a classic recipe that is simple to make and sure to please everyone.
The best part is that they don’t require any fancy equipment or ingredients – just a bowl, a spoon, and a few pantry staples. Plus, these cookies are perfect for kids to help make.
Just let them press their thumb into the center of each ball of dough and watch their faces light up when they see the delicious results. Whether you’re looking for an easy recipe to make with the kids or a tasty treat to bring to a party, lemon thumbprint cookies are a perfect choice.
I’ve made them for parties, birthday parties, and even summer BBQs. When you have a cookie recipe as versatile as this one, you really can’t go wrong on how and when to serve them.
Recommended Dessert Recipe Books
Do you want more dessert ideas? Grab these recipe books and start making your tasty desserts.
One thing that I’ve learned from all my years of baking is that you can never have too many baking recipes. It’s so fun to find new ones online (like this one!)
I love looking through the pages of the cookbooks and picking out the ones that we want to bake. Sometimes we bake together as a family, sometimes, it’s just something that I do on my own.
I just like having a good cookbook or two on hand so when the baking inspiration hits, I can whip up something new.
Dessert Boards: 50 Beautifully Sweet Platters and Boards for Family, Friends, Holidays, and Any OccasionLe Cordon Bleu Pastry School: 101 Step-by-Step RecipesTasty Dessert: All the Sweet You Can Eat (An Official Tasty Cookbook)Dessert Person: Recipes and Guidance for Baking with Confidence: A Baking BookHow to Cook That: Crazy Sweet Creations (Chocolate Baking, Pie Baking, Confectionary Desserts, and More)FitWaffle’s Baking It Easy: All My Best 3-Ingredient Recipes and Most-Loved Sweets and Desserts
Recommended Baking Tools
Do you like baking for the family? If your answer is yes, then you’ll totally love these baking tools!
Get the Silicone Baking Mat that turns the ordinary baking sheet into a reusable non-stick and easy-to-clean baking surface. Grab the Personalized Silicone Spatula, too, for personal use or as a gift for your closest baking buddy.
Lemon Thumbprint Cookie Ingredients:
To get started, all you need are the simple ingredients listed below.
Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix and Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Lemon Frosting Bundle – 1 of Each – 2 Items.WESSON Pure Vegetable Oil, 0 g Trans Fat, Cholesterol Free, 24 oz.Domino Confectioners 10-x Powdered Sugar, 1 Pound Box – PACK OF 4
- Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil until smooth and completely combined, about 2 minutes.
4. Place the confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl.
5. Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the cookie batter and roll the cookie dough balls in the confectioner’s sugar until completely coated.
6. Place the coated cookie dough balls at least 3″ apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and spread out.
8. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before attempting to remove them to a cooling rack or serve.
How do I know if the cookies are done baking?
You have to pay attention to the edges of the cookies. They’ll start to turn a golden brown color, indicating that they’re done and ready to be pulled from the oven.
How to store thumbprint cookies
More than likely, you’ll have cookies leftover to eat later! If this is the case, just store them in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature. They should be fine to eat for 3-4 days.
You can freeze these cookie as well to make them last even longer. Just simply store them in a freezer-safe container and put them in the freezer. They should stay fresh for 1-2 months.
Now that you know how simple and easy it is to make these cookies, what are you waiting for? You’re going to love the taste and flavor – and be ready for a second batch!
Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Additional Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
A simple dessert but will not let you down when it comes to taste. Follow this recipe to make your lemon thumbprint cookies that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil until smooth and completely combined, about 2 minutes.
- Place the confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the cookie batter and roll the cookie dough balls in the confectioner’s sugar until completely coated.
- Place the coated cookie dough balls at least 3″ apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and spread out.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before attempting to remove them to a cooling rack or serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you’re looking for a tasty snack for the kids or a special treat for your next get-together, these Lemon Thumbprint Cookies are sure to please.
So preheat the oven and get started on your batch today! They’re the perfect afternoon snack or great to have around the house during the weekend.
More Cookie Recipes
Here are some other of my favorite cookie recipes that I think you’ll enjoy as well. They’re all unique and delicious in their own way, and so much fun to bake! Start at the top of the list and work your way down – I promise that you won’t be sorry!
Fun Sprinkle Chocolate Wafer Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Double Chocolate M&M Christmas Cookies
Best Shortbread Thumbprint Cookie Recipe