As we head closer to St. Patricks Day, you probably want to come up with a special treat for your kiddos. Why not try this simple yet delicious Lucky Charms Yogurt Parfait. If you have older children, they could even prepare these themselves. I know my kids love helping me in the kitchen. Although these sweet cereals don’t usually make it to our breakfast table, it’s a nice treat for special occasions.
Yogurt Parfait Ingredients
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- In a small bowl, add the food coloring, if you’re using it, and flavor extracts to the greek yogurt.
- Then add the Lucky Charms cereal first in the serving dish, removing some marshmallows to use as garnish.
- Top with the mixed yogurt. You can alternate layers of cereal and yogurt, or just stick to a single layer, as shown below.
I admit that we have to limit our sugar because of my own sweet tooth, but this would be a nice idea for a once in a while type of treat. My kids could totally eat this all up.
More Spring Snack Ideas
Get Weekly Updates
Taming the chaos of motherhood -
Subscribe and get a daily schedule printable