No products in the cart.
Calling all unicorn lovers! This recipe is for you. The flavor and bright colors are going to be your new favorite treat!
For more colorful and magical ideas, have a look at my list of Fun Unicorn Snacks to Make at Home.
These ice cream cups are not only delicious, but they’re also super pretty. They would make the perfect dessert for any party or special occasion.
Imagine a soft and creamy vanilla ice cream cup, topped with colorful rainbow sprinkles and a delicious Rice Krispies Treat. Doesn’t that sound amazing? It’s like eating your favorite childhood treat in an adult way.
Read on to know how to make these Unicorn Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cups today!
Unicorn Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cups
I’m always looking for unique and fun dessert recipes. Making my own ice cream cups was really, really simple! The kids went crazy over the look, and I can’t blame them!
We’re HUGE unicorn fans, so these just were meant to be. We like to whip these up for a hot summer day, but they’re great for Unicorn birthday parties and more.
I can’t wait to hear how you decide to serve and share them with others!
Be sure to check out my White Chocolate Unicorn Bark Recipe as well for another delicious unicorn treat!
Recommended Dessert Recipe Books
Do you want more dessert ideas? Grab these recipe books and start making your tasty desserts.
When it comes to thinking up good dessert recipes, don’t stress out. Use recipe books like these below and find a great recipe or two.
They’re not only filled with lovely recipes that are delicious, but they’ll help to spark a baking curiosity as well.
Dessert Boards: 50 Beautifully Sweet Platters and Boards for Family, Friends, Holidays, and Any OccasionLe Cordon Bleu Pastry School: 101 Step-by-Step RecipesTasty Dessert: All the Sweet You Can Eat (An Official Tasty Cookbook)Dessert Person: Recipes and Guidance for Baking with Confidence: A Baking BookHow to Cook That: Crazy Sweet Creations (Chocolate Baking, Pie Baking, Confectionary Desserts, and More)FitWaffle’s Baking It Easy: All My Best 3-Ingredient Recipes and Most-Loved Sweets and Desserts
Unicorn Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cups Recipe
Kids love unicorns, and moms love easy recipes. So what could be better than Unicorn Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cups?
These simple treats are sure to please both kids and moms alike. Just a few ingredients are needed to make these magical cups.
Recommended Unicorn Party Supplies
Throwing a unicorn-themed party? Have a look at these supplies from Etsy that you must have.
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a pot.
2. Add marshmallows, then stir often until melted.
3. Divide the melted marshmallows into 3 heat-safe bowls. Quickly add 6 drops of one color food coloring to each bowl, and stir.
4. Stir in 2 cups of cereal in each bowl. If the marshmallows start to get stiff before adding cereal, you can heat the bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften it again.
5. Grease a 12 cavity muffin tin.
6. Add a spoonful of each color to each muffin cavity, and use a spoon to form it around the entire cavity, making a bowl. Butter the spoon or your fingers when forming the bowls to make it easier.
7. Allow setting for about 1 hour before adding ice cream.
Since this recipe makes 12 cups, you can easily make these and share them with family and friends! It’s always fun to share a sweet treat.
Will these get soggy as the ice cream melts?
After a little bit of time, they may start to get soggy, but more than likely, you’ll have eaten them all by then.
Since the bowl is edible, just treat it like an ice cream cone and gobble the entire thing up!
Can I change up the colors?
You bet! If you want to change up the look, go for it. Choose a different color and have a blast. You can use this for different times of the year and change up the colors accordingly.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe that will make all your unicorn dreams come true, look no further than our Unicorn Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cups.
These cups are simple to make and delightful to eat. Plus, they’re perfect for any unicorn-lover out there. Download the recipe below and get started.
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- Red, yellow, and blue food coloring
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a pot.
- Add marshmallows, then stir often, until melted.
- Divide the melted marshmallows into 3 heat-safe bowls. Quickly add 6 drops of one color food coloring to each bowl, and stir.
- Stir in 2 cups of cereal in each bowl. If the marshmallows start to get stiff before adding cereal, you can heat the bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften it again.
- Grease a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- Add a spoonful of each color to each muffin cavity, and use a spoon to form it around the entire cavity, making a bowl. Butter the spoon or your fingers when forming the bowls to make it easier.
- Allow setting for about 1 hour before adding ice cream.
Makes 12 cups
Storage: Airtight Container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love this recipe, be sure to take a look at some of our other amazing unicorn recipes or Rice Krispies recipes too!
More Unicorn Recipes
You can never have too many unicorn recipes, so here are some others that I think you’ll love. Create a unicorn snacking day and make all these fun treats!
More Rice Krispies Recipes
Using rice krispies gives you so many baking options! Check out these simple recipes that will have you loving every bite!
Rice Krispies Nests from Crafty Morning
Reindeer Rice Krispies from Crafty Morning