Are there any gingerbread lovers in the house? My hand goes up as quick as I can! I just love this holiday season because it brings amazing flavors like gingerbread, cranberry, spiced everything and pumpkin!
I also love that it brings all kinds of fantastic smells like pine and snow (yes, to me, snow has a special smell, hehe). In this post, we will share with you the perfect snack or treat for this chilly holiday season. You will love these Gingerbread Rice Krispies treats!
>> See more Rice Krispies Treats
Gingerbread Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients
- 1-10 oz bag gingerbread marshmallows*
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2oz white almond bark
- Gingerbread candies, optional
*NOTE: if gingerbread marshmallows are not available to you, use regular marshmallows and add 1 teaspoon molasses, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to regular marshmallows AFTER melting.
- Oil or line a 9×9″ square baking pan.
- Place your marshmallows and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds, then stir, and reheat as necessary.
- Add in the Rice Krispies and stir well, until coated.
- Fold the mixture out into the baking pan.
- Wet your hands and then press down on the squares to make them even.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to set.
- Once the Rice Krispies have set, heat the almond bark in a small microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds, then stir, and reheat if necessary.
- Drizzle the white almond bark over the squares. Add any sprinkles or decorations while the almond bark is still wet.
Once the almond bark is set, about 5 minutes, cut into squares and serve.
Thank you for reading our Gingerbread Rice Krispies Treats Recipe post!
More Christmas Recipes
Get Weekly Updates
Taming the chaos of motherhood -
Subscribe and get a daily schedule printable